So it was a snowy snowy day in Daegu, which doesn't happen often! And coincidentally my first day of winter session for the kids that are on winter vacation. My first day went really well and I am actually teaching with other foreign teachers which is a nice treat. Our English Center is outside of the city, practically in the mountains, and is gorgeous! Brand new and everything! I have a co-teacher who doesn't speak too much english, but is nice either way. I have 15 students and its a 2 week camp so we are working through a textbook, storybook and then we get to put on a short version of "The Sound of Music" at the end of the 2 weeks. So today consisted of teaching them "Doe a deer, a female deer ...etc." My voice is a little sore. Anyway, lots of fun!
Just so happens that while we were teaching the kids kept yelling "teach-ah, teach-ah.....SNOWWWWWWW!" So I have to admit, I was just as excited as they were. It was quite funny to see how excited they get seeing as they don't get snow that often. Such a nice treat. My best Monday morning I've ever had. Then found out that just in case the snow melts tonight and freezes/snows more tomorrow, the centre called a 'snow day' a day in advance! SWEET! So i get to sleep in! They just aren't as equipped here for the snow...i'm not even sure they have snow plows or shovels here and saw several people today with their brooms out and ready.
So finding out that I have tomorrow morning off made me ambitious, so I went for a walk to a really popular arboretum that's near my apartment. I'd heard of it before, and had a map and everything, so I had a snowy adventure! It was lovely! Took lots of pics as you can see and thought the coolest to note are the snow covered bamboo, and the 2 snowball high snowmen they make here.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it SNOW!!~~ :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.